Young Artists Conservatory of Music
Wednesday, September 18th at 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
500 Davis Street, Vacaville
Gate Opens at 5:00
The Victorian at 500 Davis Street has a bright fresh coat of paint, a new sign, and big plans for the arts in Vacaville. A Grand Re-Opening will be celebrated on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 with a ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremony starting at 5:30 pm. Co-hosted by Vacaville Chamber of Commerce, community members will enjoy a wine and appetizer reception in the shade of our English Garden. Community members are invited to share in our 15-year legacy and learn about the YACM vision for the next 15 years in Vacaville and greater Solano.
Founded in 2005 by Wanda Cook, YACM is a non-profit organization dedicated to instilling musicianship, creativity, and critical skills for personal success in the lives of Solano County youth while raising participation for the musical arts throughout the county. YACM currently receives 25% of its funding from grants, donations and fundraising and the remaining 75% from program fees and ticket sales. The YACM Board of Directors oversees 3 distinct YACM divisions with multiple performing arts programs.
Solano Music Conservatory (SMC) is home for 150 – 200 youth. In the CORE Arts Program member families enroll their children and young adults in a comprehensive music education program. SMC is also home to Solano Youth Chamber Orchestra, Solano Junior Strings, TnT Rock Band, FUSE and SPARK A cappella choruses, Smolder Jazz Band, and produces the celebrated, Black Tie Gala Concert under the conducting baton of Maestro Rafael Toro-Quinones.
Music Matters currently provides music instruction for 1200 public school children in 5 Vallejo public schools serving some of the these most at-risk populations in our County. Music Matters Vallejo receives generous from funding California Arts Advisory Council, Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Foundation, and Syar Foundation.
Solano Youth Theatre (SYT) is currently rehearsing the Broadway Full-length Musical, Peter Pan under the stage-direction and music direction of YACM Teaching Artist, Casey Ellis. The Peter Pan Pit Orchestra is directed by YACM Teaching Artist, Conductor, and Vacaville Unified Music Teacher, Melinda Packer. SYT produces 2 – 3 youth musicals / plays a year. Jaqueline Dobrei, a 15 year old student member of YACM for 10 years will fly over the VPAT stage as Peter Pan on November 15 -16.
“I am excited to unveil our plans in support the YACM Vision for the development of our community and youth. We want to see “place-making for the arts” in Vacaville. Our ground breaking ceremony will reveal how the YACM facility will become a more public place for the arts”, says Managing Artistic Director, Wanda Cook.
Under the leadership of Cook, YACM has plans for a public “parklett” courtyard and an outdoor Garden Live Music - Wine Tasting Venue.
Breaking ground on Wednesday immediately following the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be 5 exquisite young artists who have been selected to represent the standard of excellence in performing arts education as the 2019-20 Black Tie Featured Soloists: Elizabeth Weber (15), Pianist, Catie Whittet (17) Mezzo Soprano – Musical Theatre, Mariana Gonzales (16) Alto – Jazz, Senzal Ahmandy – (16) Soprano – Classical, and Perseus Alexander (adult) Tenor – Classical. They will break ground for what will be the YACM’s Honor Courtyard laid with bricks engraved with the names of YACM’s Featured Soloists since 2005 and forward.
Pastor Kevin Phillips will deliver a prayer of dedication for the service and work of YACM in community. The YACM Board of Directors will accept a presentation from Assemblyman Jim Frazier’s Office and recognize those alumni and donors in attendance. YACM will launch its Season 15 Fundraising Campaign, “Making Arts Matter”, with a short overview of its new and relevant priorities and an opportunity to make a pledge.
Honor Court Parklett
Live Music Garden Venue at 500 Davis
Expand Solano Youth Chamber Orchestra to create North-bay Youth Philharmonic
Launch North-bay Summer POPS Symphony (adult community symphony performing lighter repertoire and outdoor community concerts.)
Launch new music program partnership with organizations that serve at-risk and underserved student groups: Music Matters for All
To round out the evening, FUSE A Cappella Chorus will give short performance in the Garden.
For information, please contact Wanda Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone, 707.718.7775.